As a new event on the PGA Tour there’s clearly no history on which to look back. That obviously makes it somewhat difficult in making any golf betting predictions ahead of the tournament.
As a consequence, alongside current form, much of the focus will be on the fact that the course was designed by Donald Ross, with pundits checking out other Ross courses such as…
- East Lake (which hosts the Tour Championship)
- Sedgefield Country Club (where the Wyndham Championship is held)
- Aronimink (which staged the BMW Championship last year and the National in 2010 and 2011)
- Plainfield (home to The Northern Trust in both 2011 and 2015)
- Oak Hill Country Club (where the 2013 USPGA Championship was played)
- Pinehurst Country Club (which staged the US Open in 1999, 2005 and 2014)
Something else to bear in mind is that the greens are small at the Detroit Golf Club, so hitting them in regulation could be a major factor at the tournament.
Rocket Mortgage Classic 2019 Betting Lines
Looking at the Rocket Mortgage Classic 2019 golf betting odds, Dustin Johnson is the tournament favourite at +600 with Sports Interaction. Rickie Fowler can be backed at odds of +1200 with bet365, while the betting line on Hideki Matsuyama is set at +1400 with Sports Interaction.
The other leading contenders in the betting are newly crowned US Open champion Gary Woodland at +1400 with Betway Sports and Chez Reavie (who won the Travelers Championship title last weekend) is +2500 at bet365.
Of the market leaders, Matsuyama looks to be potentially the best value golf bet here. The former World No. 2 has been in decent form of late, with 11 top 25 finishes and four top 10 finishes in his last 16 starts. His putting hasn’t been all it could be of late, but his tee to green stats are impressive this season. This course may well suit his game and on that basis, Matsuyama is the tip to win the Rocket Mortgage Classic 2019.
Golf Pick: Rocket Mortgage Classic 2019 Winner – Hideki Matsuyama @ +1400 with Sports Interaction