Barcelona meet Real Madrid in El Clasico in the Spanish La Liga at the Nou Camp on Wednesday evening (local time).
The pair are currently locked together at the top of the table on 35 points, four clear of Sevilla and with this game in hand over the chasing pack. This could therefore eventually prove to be a pivotal game in deciding the outcome of the title race in La Liga this season.
Barca have found goals easy to come by this season, but have struggled somewhat to keep them out at the other end. By contrast, Real Madrid have been heavily reliant on Karim Benzema for scoring goals, but have been pretty solid defensively.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid – El Clasico Last 5 Meetings
- 23 April 2017: Real Madrid 2-3 Barcelona (La Liga)
- 23 December 2017: Real Madrid 0-3 Barcelona (La Liga)
- 02 May 2018: Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid (La Liga)
- 28 October 2018: Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid (La Liga)
- 02 March 2019: Real Madrid 0-1 Barcelona (La Liga)
Barcelona vs Real Madrid – How To Watch
- Competition: La Liga
- Venue: Nou Camp, Barcelona
- Date: Wednesday, 18 December 2019
- Kick-off: 2:00 PM (EST)
- TV coverage (Canada): DAZN
Barcelona vs Real Madrid Team News
Ousmane Dembele is out with a thigh injury for Barcelona, while Brazilian midfielder Arthur is also unavailable after having already missed the last three games.
Real Madrid have a number of long-term injury problems, with Marco Asensio potentially out for the with a knee injury, while Eden Hazard is also unlikely to play again in 2019 following a toe injury and James Rodriguez is also out until at least the new year. Lucas Vasquez misses out with a fractured toe and Marcelo is still recovering from a calf problem. One positive is that Ferland Mendy is available again following suspension.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid Betting Lines & Predictions
Barca have had the better of things in the head-to-head with Real Madrid in recent times and with Messi in imperious form, they look the tips to maintain that dominance again here given that they also have the benefit of home advantage.
In the Match Result betting odds, Barcelona are available at odds of -141 (1.71) with Mr Green Sports, the draw is +333 (4.33) at Betway Sports and the betting line on Real Madrid is at +340 (4.40) with 888Sport.
Soccer Picks: Match Result – Barcelona @ -141 (1.71) with Mr Green
Barcelona vs Real Madrid – Current Form
- 14 December 2019 (La Liga) – 2-2 (D) v Real Sociedad (a)
- 10 December 2019 (Champions’ League Group F) – 2-1 (W) v Inter Milan (a)
- 07 December 2019 (La Liga) – 5-2 (W) v Mallorca (h)
- 01 December 2019 (La Liga) – 1-0 (W) v Atletico Madrid (a)
- 27 November 2019 (Champions’ League Group F) – 3-1 (W) v Borussia Dortmund (h)
- 23 November 2019 (La Liga) – 2-1 (W) v Leganes (a)
Real Madrid Form
- 15 December 2019 (La Liga) – 1-1 (D) v Valencia (a)
- 11 December 2019 (Champions’ League Group A) – 3-1 (W) v Club Brugge (a)
- 07 December 2019 (La Liga) – 2-0 (W) v Espanyol (h)
- 30 November 2019 (La Liga) – 2-1 (W) v Alaves (a)
- 26 November 2019 (Champions’ League Group A) – 2-2 (D) v Paris Saint-Germain (h)
- 23 November 2019 (La Liga) – 3-1 (W) v Real Sociedad (h)
Barcelona vs Real Madrid Key Players – Lionel Messi v Karim Benzema
As ever, the man central to all that is good at Barcelona this season is Lionel Messi, with the team seemingly ever more reliant on his genius. Messi has already registered 12 La Liga goals this season and has contributed an additional six assists. His record against Real isn’t bad either, with 26 goals and 14 assists in 41 appearances.
For Real Madrid, the main man this season has been French striker Karim Benzema, who has led the club in their bid to wrestle the league title from Barca’s grasp. Benzema joins Messi as the leading goalscorer in La Liga this season with 12 goals, with none if his teammates having registered more than three.