When it comes to betting on Canadian sport, there’s no better time to pick up your phone or laptop and learn more about the options available to modern NHL fans. The recent rise of internet gambling represents a new opportunity to leverage your knowledge – or that of others – to help you make a quick buck or add excitement to an already amazing sport.
There’s currently 31 teams in the NHL, 7 of which are in Canada. So, here’s some of our top-tips for betting and some recommendations for businesses to visit when you’re ready to put your hard-earned money down.
Ice hockey betting tips
If you’re looking to find the best tips or leads in the game, here’s some key advice to make the best ice hockey betting predictions possible.
- Accumulate your info: You are only going to be able to make reliable bets if you know all the facts. Take some time to build your knowledge by following pundits and players on Twitter and Instagram. This can provide helpful snippets or leads to help supplement your own experience when it comes to placing your stake.
- Watch out for offers: Almost all sites will have a wealth of onboarding offers – deals that give you a bonus for registering with them – or one-off promotions for special events. If you are unsure about which business to regularly deal with, take the time to compare their offers against others in their field and what their offers look like in the long term. We will also endeavour to let you know when new offers or free-bets emerge, so keeping on top of our site can also prove very helpful.
NHL Betting Tips
Ice hockey betting odds
When it comes to your ice hockey betting picks, being able to pick favorable odds is essential to your success. And when it comes to placing your key bet for the season, match, or year – here are some of the options available.
Specific betting: Deploying ‘Money Line’ bets are simple, straightforward options that any individual can choose, regardless of their experience. These kinds of bets can be taken on an individual basis or chained as an accumulator that can reward insightful predictions. In addition, you can pick up unique deals on sites like 888sport in the form of ‘free bets’, offering up to a $250 extra bonus on your wager.
Longitudinal events: Rather than betting on individual games, overall winners for specific accolades can also be picked up, letting you calculate for overall performance rather than volatile match-on-match betting. For the NHL, this can be the Stanley Cup winner, the rookie of the year, the overall MVP and more.
Ice hockey betting sites
Here’s our choice for some of the best ice hockey betting sites to trust with your cash:
- Bet365: A high-quality service provider, bet365 lead the sector on online betting with their well-reviewed app, comprehensive sports coverage and competitive odds
- 888sport: Another fantastic pick, 888 cover a wide range of NHL games and offer regularly refreshed deals and stunning introductory offers.
- William Hill: Long-standing professionals, William Hill are increasingly carving themselves a space in the market and offer fantastic deals. If you’re looking for reliability, quality of service, or you’re hoping to branch out into other sports betting, William Hill is a good choice.
Live ice hockey streaming
If you’re looking to watch live NHL streaming, you have so many options waiting for you if you have a smart device. Bet365 offer live coverage for a range of key games through their main site or smartphone app. In addition, William Hill allows for streaming of key games if you are an account holder with them.
If you can’t watch online, NHL TV should be your first port of call. The channel is currently available as part of a standard subscription service, with all-access options currently available for $29.99 for the 2018-19 season. If you are looking to watch without the commitment, FX and Sky regularly screen games as part of their programming but will require a subscription and will not be as comprehensive as the NHL’s official offerings.